For Better......For Worse, but not for granted.

Friday, January 01, 2010

2010

Happy New Year Everyone!
Jason and I didn't do anything exciting to ring in the New Year. I let Jaxon sleep with us and about 3 minutes to midnight Jason woke me up to tell me the ball was dropping. We watched everyone celebrate on tv for a few minutes, kissed, and I fell back asleep.

A year ago today Jason got some terrible news that his boss had passed away. I won't ever forget that day and I still continue to pray for his family. Russell Kasper was a fantastic mentor, and friend and I know Jason misses him a lot.

Jason and I invited a few friends over today to cook a New Years Day lunch. After finally getting all the dishes clean, my kitchen back in order, and settled down, I have to say how fun it was! Jason and I spent 2 1/2 hours in the kitchen cooking together. He made a Spinach and artichoke dip from Rachel Ray along with his mothers famous cabbage, and grilled chicken and steak kabob's. I made his mothers potato salad, and broccoli rice casserole. I have to say that I am super proud of myself (I even called my mother-in-law to gloat a bit) because I finally mastered the broccoli rice casserole AND I made her potato salad to Jason's specifications! The whole time I was making it he kept looking over his shoulder telling me, "it has to taste JUST like moms!" I played nice for awhile and the last time he said something I told him he was going to make it himself if he didn't hush! LOL The food was amazing! Jason said it was the "fanciest" meal we had ever made together, lol. After we all ate we played a couple of games of Chicken Leg and then ate some yummy Junior's Cheesecake that Courtney brought over. It was nice to get to enjoy a good meal and spend time with good friends.

One of the gifts Jaxon got from his Nana and Papa was a tent with a connecting tunnel. After cleaning out and reorganizing my spare bedroom I set up Jaxon's tent and we played in it for a bit. I set the tunnel up in the hallway and thought I would take a try and crawling through it.......yep, I got stuck! That made for a good laugh!

All in all it has been a pretty productive day! Now, going to try and start a new book....Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult.

No comments: