For Better......For Worse, but not for granted.

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Dinner with Diva's


About of month ago my cousin Crystal (who works at Affirmative with Jason), organized a social gathering which she appropriately named "Dining with Diva's." Like a girls only club, anyone is welcome to join for good food and good conversation. Once a month one of the girls is asked to host (I think we have our line up for the next 6 months! I get to host in Sept!), which means she provides her home and dinner. Last night was our first meeting. Marissa (who also works at Affirmative) was our very first hostess. She made us some delicious cheese sticks, ordered yummy pizza, and we ate some pretty cookies. We sat around the table and chatted about the on going's in every one's lives. We laughed. We talked about work frustrations and told stories about our kids. We watched some pre recorded episodes of ABC's "Wipe Out," which apparently all the girls are fans of. (me, not so much, but it was still fun.) Crystal took order and got out her handy notepad so that we could organize the future dinners. She collected our addresses and verified which month we would all like to host. I believe my favorite quote of the night came from Marissa. Kimberly (who also works at Affirmative) volunteered to host the dinner in December:
Crystal: "Okay, Kim is going to do December."
me: "yay!"
Marissa: "Can we dress up?" (And what she meant by that was dressing up in costumes.....not dressing up in fancy girly outfits! LOL)
me: *gives Marissa a weird look.
Kim: "Ummm, no."

I think it was one of those, "you had to be there moments," but it was super funny nonetheless. We laughed about that for a good while, and joked about dressing up as reindeer and elves, lol. So, our first dinner was a great success and so much fun. I really enjoyed hanging out with these ladies and I hope they had as much fun as I know I did!!!

2 comments:

Riss said...

Well clearly I thought dressing up would be a good idea! :) I had a great time. I'm definitely looking forward to future dinners with the divas!

truelovesong said...

I just saw the other day on my friends facebook where this girl had a goth bday party and a tacky xmas party. i think it sounds fun to have a themed party!!!