For Better......For Worse, but not for granted.

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Summer Reading

I forgot how much I enjoy reading. I'm either too busy or dog tired by the end of the day to even consider opening a book. About 6 months ago I tried to get back on the reading bandwagon and bought, "The Friday Night Knitting Club," by Kate Jacobs.....and I never finished it. I've done that twice now....not finished a book. I started the Harry Potter series when it came out and never finished them either. I know, I know, I look really bad for that! I can say that I DID finish the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I actually read them all before the first movie came out. So, I pat myself on the back for that. I've decided to make a resolution. I will read ALL 7 of the Harry Potter books. Now, don't get overly excited. This is going to be a process. I'm jumping in slowly. By doing so, I've begun reading, "My Sister's Keeper," by Jodi Picoult. I know this has nothing to do with Potter, but this will help get me back into my reading routine. I've only read about 120 pages of my new book since my sweet husband brought it home last Sunday. I've tried to read a little everyday. It really is good so far and I am thoroughly enjoying it. A few of my friends have read this book and have read other books by Jodi Picoult. I was excited to know that she has several other books out, and have already considered my next read. So, I'm going to read 2-3 non-Potter books to get me in my groove. Potter is SUCH a commitment that I have to get into a good reading habit so that I can read them the way they are meant to be read!

1 comment:

truelovesong said...

I am reading Sister's Keeper too and I'm not even half way and cried twice. I wanted to read it before I saw it in theatres, but now I think I just wanna read it before it comes out on video, I think I want to cry my eyes out at home instead of at the theater. Anyway I wanted to say yay for going after Harry again, I just watched all 5 movies with Jake on Blu-ray and LOVED THEM! Can't wait for the next one to come out and I say... maybe you should try to read them before the last movie comes out. That sounds like a good commitment!! I may try to read them all again too. I heart that some people have re-read twilight.. that's an idea. I have a series of James Patterson I would like to read too. Then there's the Nicholas Sparks coming out soon!!! I really need to get back into reading too. Anyway I heart you and miss you. Come see me!