For Better......For Worse, but not for granted.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Anniversary Festivities!

This particular blog was not planned. You see, I keep a mental note of all the things I want to blog about and this is not on my list. However, I feel that if I don't note all of my current feelings at this exact moment them I will EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!! (LOL)

Today is our 5 year anniversary. For some reason I am as excited about this day as I am about....oh, let's say, Christmas or my birthday (National Sarah Day)! Jason took today (Friday) off so that he could take our sweet Jaxon to Corsicana to stay with his Nana and Papoo. (Yep, that's right, Jaxon calls Jason's Dad, Papoo). After I get off work Jason and I are going to dinner (Pappasito's I believe. Due to my request!) and then we are going to a movie (The Hangover). The last movie we saw together was Twilight. I have forgotten how much I enjoy seeing new movies since Jaxon has come into our lives. Shoot, I have forgotten how much I enjoy time with my husband since Jaxon has arrived! Tomorrow's agenda consists of brunch, and then an 80 minute couples massage!!!! I have never in my life had a massage and I am so looking forward to this! I'm not sure about the rest of the afternoon as I think Jason has some things up his sleeve. Then, we are staying the night in a beautiful room at the Nylo hotel (nylohotels.com). I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

This is a huge leap for me to be able to be away from Jaxon for this long. It took a lot of convincing on Jason's part. I think that my issue is that I don't feel that anybody can take care of my son better than I can. I realize that 5 days a week he is being cared for by his sweet daycare ladies, but that is different. I never thought it could be so hard to let go just a little bit.....but it is.

The past couple of weeks I have learned that you can't be a good parent unless you take care of yourself. Taking care of yourself means making time for just YOU! Jason was telling me that he wants to start making it a regular priority to take Jaxon to his parents house once a month or once every two months......and .......I believe I can do that. My marriage is very important to me and so is my sanity. I got off track for a bit, and forgot that I was a person too. I am not JUST Jaxon's mother.

I am VERY giddy and anxious for our anniversary plans, and although I will miss my boy terribly, I will enjoy spending quality time with my husband.

No comments: