For Better......For Worse, but not for granted.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Our Wonderful Anniversary Weekend.

This blog wasn't on my list either....but, I had such a WONDERFUL weekend that I thought I should share.


Let me first say how strange it was Friday to go directly home after work instead of going to the daycare to pick up Jaxon. It was also very strange coming home to no baby. Anyway, once I arrived home we went to Pappasito's for dinner and it was AMAZING!!!! I just LOVE their fajitas!!!! (this is the ONLY place I eat beef fajitas.) Jason and I shared a giant fajita platter stacked with beef, shrimp, and ribs!!! It was delicious! After dinner we went to The Grand and watched The Hangover, which was HILARIOUS!! Jason doesn't typically like comedies (I know, weird!) but he thought it was good. We went home after the movie and enjoyed the fantastic luxury of sleeping in the next day. We both kept waking up periodically Saturday morning because it was such an adjustment NOT having Jaxon in the house. After getting ready we went to the Nissan dealership to try our luck at winning a new car. You know how they send you those dumb keys and tell you to come test it to see if it unlocks the door to a brand new car? Well, Jason insisted that we go try it, even though I told him that they only send you those kind of things to get you in the door to look at their new cars. He said he knew that is why they did that, but he still wanted to go try it because on the brochure it said there was a "guaranteed winner." So, our key didn't work, but I did get a free Wal Mart gift card out of it so I guess I can't complain. After we politely declined to hang around and look at their other cars we headed to brunch. Jason hadn't told me where we were going to be having brunch until we got there. Sadly, his plans did not go as he had intended. He had planned to take me to Breadwinners, but after driving by we noticed that they had a VERY long line of people waiting to be seated. Our massages were scheduled for noon, and we didn't figure we would have enough time to wait for a table, eat, and get there on time. We parked the car in the parking garage and walked around the shops for a bit trying to see if there was some place to maybe get a small bite. We were not successful. Either the places weren't open, or it was something that neither of us was in the mood for. So, we settled on Starbucks! LOL We both got frapaccino's, and I got a tiny overpriced sandwich, and Jason got a cheese danish and a rice crispy treat. We sat at a tiny table and played on our phones and ate while we were waiting to go next door for our massages. (Can I just say that there are some VERY interesting people in Uptown Dallas!! I do enjoy people watching, and there was no better place to do it than at that particular Starbucks!)

After we finished our drinks we went to the bathroom (we were told this would be beneficial to do so before we went and had the massages) and headed over to the Spa Habitat. It was a very cute place, and once we told the lady that we had an appointment she took us back to a quiet little room and had us fill out a form. When we were done with that our therapists came out to introduce themselves and took us back to a cute little room with two massage tables side by side. The room was dimly lit and there was relaxing music playing. Once we were tucked under the blankets the therapists came back in and worked their magic. It was the most relaxing 80 minutes of my life! This was a first massage for both of us, and it was very nice to get to do it together. I must say that before going in I felt like 80 minutes might be a little long, but OH NO, it went by very fast! I was shocked it was over when it was. After our massages we did some shopping and walked around for awhile. We decided to head back to the house to shower as we were really greasy! They used organic oils for our massages and I had it in my hair....I was DYING to wash it out! After we showered, I ironed our clothes and packed for our one night at NYLO. Once we got checked in we went to our room and rested for a bit, and freshened up. We had dinner at Chaucer's and I ate sushi.....and I liked it!! I have tried sushi 3 times in an effort to enjoy it as ALL my friends do, and I have never liked it. Jason had ordered a Louisiana Roll and it was really good. He did make fun of me for having to cut it in half with my fork and knife though. I think that was my main problem with sushi. I just feel like it is such a mouthful! It always made me want to gag! Turns out, all I needed was silverware! ha!

Once dinner was over we went back to the hotel to get changed as we had a big group of friends coming to hang out with us. NYLO has a very pretty courtyard with wonderful outdoor furniture and a cute pool and fireplace, and they also have a very nice bar area. Once everyone got there we had an absolute blast! It was so nice to get to talk to everyone, hang loose, and have all my friends there. We stayed up until 2am! We knew that was okay as the check out time was at noon. Once we did check out we headed to get some lunch at Chili's and then headed to Corsicana to get Jaxon.

Even though I was a little skeptical about leaving Jaxon for 2 nights it was totally worth it. Jason and I talked about how much fun we had all the way to Corsicana. I felt rested, and rejuvenated after my weekend of not having to do chores, change diapers, cook, or worry about anything. It was a very nice, much needed break. I feel like we absolutely need to start doing it more often and make sure we take time out for each other. It was so nice getting to spend alone time with my best friend, and it was a great way to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. I most definitely fell in love all over again and am looking forward to the next 5 years!

No comments: