For Better......For Worse, but not for granted.

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

June Teenth

It is hard to believe that I have had a blogspot account for nearly 4 years and have never posted anything. With myspace, facebook, twitter, and Jaxon's totsite page I feel like I already put it all out there! I can't tell you how many times I have logged into my account hoping that something great will come to mind and I can blog about it, but it hasn't happened, well up until now obviously, lol. I've decided that my first blog would be about my husband, our relationship and our upcoming 5 year anniversary.

Jason and I are just shy of being together for 10 years, and married for almost 5 years. I find it so hard to believe, and laugh looking back at pictures of how much we look like "babies" when we first started dating. I was 18 and Jason was 21 when we became boyfriend and girlfriend. He was my boss at the good 'ol Catfish King in Denton. Don't think for one second that he treated me better than anyone else because I was his girlfriend! Oh no! He was MEAN! Very mean! I was a big girl though, I could handle it! Look where it got us!

I think that we have a very unique partnership with a great understanding of each other. Jason RARELY shows emotion. I call him a robot all the time! He is a thinker, where I tend to jump the gun a little bit. Regardless of how he shows his feelings, I know they are there. He is strong, smart, a little shy, mean, yet caring, and he makes THE BEST guacomole! I love him. I thrive on taking care of my family. I enjoy the sense of being needed.

There is one thing that Jason has to have to make it through each day, and that is sweet tea. He drinks atleast a gallon a day. One of the first things I do when I get home is make him some tea. He knows he can always count on having it every night with dinner, and take whatever is left over with him to work the next day. Its cold, refreshing, and not too sweet.

It might be a strange analogy, but I depend on Jason like he depends on his sweet tea. I depend on his loyalty to our family, and the way in which he provides for us.


That being said, to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary we are taking Jaxon to his Grandparents house (my first full weekend away from him) and going to enjoy a day at the spa and a night at the Nylo hotel. I am really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Riss said...

And I am also excited about the get together at Nylo. I will be there with bells on! Well not real bells b/c that would be annoying but you get the idea! ;)