For Better......For Worse, but not for granted.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Books and Music

I got two new Cd's for my birthday, Brad Paisley's American Saturday Night, and Darius Rucker's Learn to Live. They are both excellent!! I do not buy Cd's unless there are 3 or more songs on the album that I like. The Brad Paisley CD was a gift from my wonderful in laws, and if you like country music you should own this CD. I have always LOVED Brad and his music, and I feel that this CD is totally worth owning. I purchased the Darius Rucker CD with some birthday money from my Grandparents. "Don't think I don't think about it," "Alright," and "It won't be like this for long," are three songs that I constantly hear on the radio and I love them! "It won't be like this for long," makes me tear up every single time I hear it. I think the CD is wonderful, and I think that Darius has a very unique sound. Also, in case you didn't know Darius Rucker was/is the lead singer for Hootie and the Blowfish.....whom I also like =)

As far as my reading goes, I did finish The Shack, as previously stated in one of my recent blogs. I feel that everyone should read this book. Its a quick, easy read and totally worth it! My husband even read it, and he said he liked it. I am currently more than half way done with the second Harry Potter, "The Chamber of Secrets." I hope to finish it by this weekend so I can move right on into the third one. Jason joked last night and told me I had, "millions more pages to go!" (He has already read them all.) I am very proud of myself so far and am looking forward to completing them so that I can move on down my list of other books I want to read.....like, The Travelers Wife and The Pact by Jodi Picoult. She wrote My Sisters Keeper and that was FABULOUS!!

Always looking for new suggestions as far as books go, so please share if you have read something wonderful!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

I have a copy of the shack in my car with full intensions of reading it. someday....

Riss said...

I have The Time Traveler's Wife and several Jodi Picoult books, including The Pact, if you want to borrow them.