For Better......For Worse, but not for granted.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Crossridge Church of Little Elm TX.



My favorite memories of high school were not the football games, the teachers, or even the drill team which I was a member of. The best part of my high school career was being a part of the youth group at FBC Corinth. Marc Farnell was the youth minister there along with his wife Kim. I didn't realize how good we had it of course until I was older. Marc and Kim are about the nicest most genuine people I have ever met. The four years I served in the youth group we went on mission trips, we were locked in bowling allies with unlimited amounts of pizza, and we even went on ski trips. Looking back I have no idea if Marc really knew what he was getting himself into when he took a group of 50+ teenagers out in public, let alone out of the state! I made so many wonderful friends and I am still blessed by some of the relationships I have with them to this day. Needless to say as time went on after graduation I drifted from FBC Corinth. In 2003 I joined Crosstimbers Community Church in Argyle. Mainly, I joined because that is where my Mom, Dad, and brother were going. Jason and I actually got married at that church and I was thrilled when Marc (who was now pastoring is own church, FBC Little Elm!) agreed to marry us. Jason and I did the premarital marriage course with Marc prior to getting married and I was excited for Marc to get to know Jason, as he had been such a big part of my life. (I wanted to make sure I had Marc's approval, LOL) After my family made the big move to Charlotte NC. Jason and I periodically attended Crosstimbers, but deep down I knew we were not going to continue going there. I had taken Jason back to my old stomping grounds at FBC Corinth a few times hoping to rekindle some old relationships, and even in the back of my mind thinking we might rejoin that church. Well, I thought wrong.


Fast forward to two Sundays ago we decided go and visit Marc's new church. We had heard about them building a new facility (with a new name, Crossridge Church) so we thought that since the new toll bridge had opened up near our house it wouldn't take us long to get there. My friend Courtney (who was in Youth with me) lives in McKinney and said she would meet us up at the church since she loves Marc and Kim as much as I do, and she lives so close. Our first visit was great. Despite the fact that Marc and Kim were on vacation in Florida and weren't even there, LOL. We were greeted ecstatically by sweet Marion and her huge smile (she was once a member of FBC Corinth as well). I was nervous about how Jaxon was going to do in the nursery as it was a new place and lots of new faces. Marion led us back to the children's wing and we got Jaxon all signed in and dropped off (we sort of snuck out) and headed to the sanctuary to get our seats. We were told when we dropped Jaxon off that if they had any problems they would show "J. Miles" on the screens in the front of the church and we could step out and go get him. Jason, Courtney and I joked before the service started that it wouldn't be long and we would see giant red letters with arrows flashing saying, "Jason and Sarah Miles come get your child!!" LOL. Well, always remember to be careful what you say! Two songs into the service, clear as day, "J. Miles" popped up on the screens (just small tiny black letters though!) I stepped out and was met by the same lady who had helped us sign Jaxon in, Angela, I believe was her name. She said that he was crying hysterically and they didn't know what to do. I knew he would be scared, poor guy. (Jaxon goes to daycare 5 days a week so I knew the issue was just getting familiar with all the new faces.) She took me back to his room and sure enough he was crying his eyes out. I took him into the "cry room" and sat with him for awhile until he calmed down, and then I took him back into the room he had been in and sat in the floor and played with him and the other sweet babies for the rest of the sermon. After we left I knew I wanted to return the following week, one, to actually hear the the sermon, and two, I wanted to get to see Marc and Kim. We did go again this past Sunday and Jaxon did wonderful, and the service was GREAT!! It was so evident that Marc was on fire for God. I enjoyed getting to visit with them for a few minutes and getting to see some more familiar faces. Mainly I was just glad that Jason seemed to enjoy himself. I want more than anything to join a church and I would love to serve wherever God sees fit. I am looking forward to going back next Sunday as Marc is preaching on Spiritual Warfare and he says that "it is the most important sermon he has ever preached." I am very excited about what the future holds for our family as far as finding a church home is concerned. As long as we have a place to learn, serve, and call "home", I will be happy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so proud!! I love you sister :)