For Better......For Worse, but not for granted.

Monday, August 03, 2009

My 28th Birthday

Last Thursday (July 30th) was my 28th birthday. I didn't expect it to be as eventful as it was as I had to work and we all know that is never how you want to spend your special day! First, while checking my twitter I was surprised by my friend Courtney who asked Blake Shelton (a country music singer) to wish me a Happy Birthday! He did, more like Happy F@#&!$* Birthday, but still fun none the less! I thought for lunch I would treat myself to some yummy Wendy's (my favorite of the fast food chains close to my work) and get a Frosty for dessert and sit back at my desk and read my book. Turns out, I had some wonderful friends text message me asking what my lunch plans were and asking about meeting for lunch at Fudruckers. So along with friends, and Erich and Miles (my co workers) I had a wonderful, not- so -lonely lunch. I had every intention of cooking dinner that night just like normal, but my sweet husband took me and Jaxon to my very favorite place, Olive Garden, instead! I only get to go there with friends, which isn't very often because Jason is not a fan of the Olive Garden. (I know, crazy huh!?!?!?!)
Jason had special dinner plans for Friday night and the only thing I was told was to dress nice. Jason's parents drove in from Corsicana after they got off work and were at our house by 6pm to watch Jaxon so that we could make our 7pm reservation. I was very excited as I had no idea where we were going! We got in the car and headed toward Dallas and ended up at Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse. (http://www.delfriscos.com/) I cannot even begin to describe how good it was. The service was excellent. For every bread crumb I dropped they were right there to clean it up. Our drink glasses never got even close to being empty, and when I returned from using the ladies room my napkin was folded nicely and placed back on the table. I had the filet mignon, and Jason had one of their specials which was a trio of 4 oz steaks each topped with a different sauce. We each ordered two sides to go with our steaks which they served family style. I picked the creamed corn, and Jason chose the spinach supreme. I don't even like spinach, but whatever it was that they did to theirs was wonderful!! After we ate we considered dessert but we were so full, we declined. When we left we couldn't stop talking about how good it was, and Jason could not figure out how someone could cook a steak so incredibly tender. Heading home I checked out some local movie times for Harry Potter since I had really been wanting to see it. Neither one of us realized how long it was going to be and felt bad when we got home at midnight as Jason's parents still had to drive back home. They were very nice about it though and said they didn't mind one bit. All in all it was a wonderful birthday. Oh! I almost forgot! I got to get my hair done too! That was what I had been wanting since it had been awhile and I was in desperate need!

3 comments:

A Smiling Heart said...

Aw yay!!! I'm glad you had a special birthday friend!!

Kelly said...

Your hair looked very cute on Saturday!

Riss said...

And I would also say your hair looked fantastic!